Are you interested in working across multiple sectors including energy, mining and infrastructure projects? Looking to join a unique international and passionate team in charge of Environmental, Health, Safety, and Social Projects? RINA is looking for a senior Expert to play a leading role assessing, reviewing and monitoring environmental, health and safety aspects across a wide variety of projects. This role will be based at RINA’s trendy Cape Town office in South Africa and would be perfect for an Environmental Engineer or Environmental Scientist seeking a new opportunity to join a thriving team. RINA is active throughout the African continent and frequent travel will be expected.
- Business development, proposal drafting, tender preparation leading
- Conduct environmental, health, social and safety due diligence and compliance audits on energy, mining, and infrastructure projects, including identifying risks and impacts, compliance with project’s commitments, and applicable requirements
- Attend as expert or team leader on due diligence and audit visits for projects
- Manage project’s consultants and coordinate reporting phases
- Attend working and organisational meetings, prepare project and contract management documentation
- Identify project opportunities and support technical and financial proposals
- Manage tight deadlines and have the ability to travel frequently worldwide for short periods
Essential qualifications & experience
- Degree in Environmental Science or other engineering related discipline
- Excellent knowledge of environmental, health and safety management systems
- Practical project experience in environmental, health and safety due diligence/audits of various industrial facilities and infrastructure
- Working knowledge of IFC/EBRD/Equator principles standards
- Ability to work as part of a team, work on several projects simultaneously and engage with a variety of stakeholders is essential
- Self-motivation, flexibility, resourcefulness
- Willingness to travel frequently and on relatively short notice
- Fluent in English with an ability to write concise reports in English. Knowledge in other languages (French and Portuguese) is highly desirable.
- PrNatSci desirable
RINA’s African team is dynamic, growing and market leaders in the energy services sector.
You can expect quick integration and real opportunities for professional development. As part of our growing global team you will work with world-class engineers, scientists and social experts for clients in a variety of market sectors throughout Africa.