RINA is recruiting for a Senior Consultant to work as part of a growing team delivering Owner’s Engineer services on wind and solar projects worldwide. The role is based in Brighton or London, UK.
RINA is one of the world’s most experienced renewables consulting engineers having worked on over 30GW of wind, solar and other renewables. We offer a friendly and dynamic working environment with a bright future and promote staff wellbeing with a comprehensive programme of development and benefits.
We’re looking for an engineer and project manager with strong understanding of the Owner’s Engineering field, either gained through Owner’s Engineer consultancy work, due diligence consultancy work and/or work for developers. This opportunity will enable you to work with RINA teams across the globe, stretching your technical and consultancy skills and helping grow an Owner’s Engineer business. You’ll notice soon after joining the collaborative and project-based nature of our work; talented individuals gain knowledge and experience rapidly and can choose to develop their managerial or technical pathway within RINA.
We are now looking for strong candidates to support our continued growth and expansion in this exciting sector. Responsibilities include:
- Managing Owner’s Engineering projects for solar and wind developers, potentially including hybrid projects with energy storage and/or diesel generation. Projects range from pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, through tendering, financing and construction management.
- Providing technical engineering support at all stages of the project development cycle.
- Reviewing of project design, contractual documentation, environmental studies, planning permission, health and safety reports, grid offers and grid connection agreements.
- EPC/TSA/BoP tender preparation, co-ordination, management, evaluation and review.
- Support developers in contract negotiations.
- Preparation and review of technical and non-technical reports.
- Management of contractors and construction projects.
- People and project management, ensuring effective communication within the project team.
- Providing oversight and Quality Assurance of reporting produced by other members of the team.
- Liaison with clients and stakeholders.
- Leading commercial activities such as proposal writing and client presentations.
- Supporting business development and professional excellence activities, including expanding our database of best-practise commercial and technical documentation.
- The role is based in our Brighton office, however the possibility of working in our London office or splitting time between office-based and home-based work will be considered for the right candidate.
Qualifications & experience
- Relevant experience working in the sector for a technical consultancy, project developer or IPP. Consultancy experience working on Owner’s Engineering and/or due diligence assignments preferred
- Engineering degree (or relevant technical degree)
- Strong practical knowledge, both technical and commercial, of how renewable energy assets are developed, constructed, operated and financed
- Excellent commercial skills for a client-facing role
- Project management experience and capability to lead a project team
- Fluency in English with excellent report writing skills and attention to detail
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least one technology from onshore wind and solar PV
- Comfortable working delivering bespoke and unfamiliar scopes of work for international clients
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with project teams based across different offices
- Knowledge of onshore wind, offshore wind, solar PV and battery storage is highly desirable
- International experience with exposure to different markets (within Europe and beyond)
- Willingness to consider long-term postings to international construction sites
- Fluency in other languages is highly desirable
We are looking for talented and experienced people able to exceed the expectations of our world-class clients. You will have strong technical, commercial and soft skills necessary to support clients developing renewable energy projects worldwide. You will be used to working in teams from across offices and geographies. As well as project work, you will be keen to support business growth, including proposal writing, client meetings and development and maturation of tools necessary to support the business. You like to drive your own development and are happy to work in an entrepreneurial role.
RINA provides a wide range of services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors through a global network of 170 offices in 65 countries. RINA is a member of key international organisations and an important contributor to the development of new legislative standards. Facing new challenges, adapting to new contexts and being where big things happen: working with us means turning our clients’ ideas into success. You will transform challenges into opportunities and brilliant ideas into excellent solutions.