RINA is looking for a talented Site Measurements Technician to support our highly respected Power & Grid Engineering business in Diss, Norfolk. As part of the specialist Earthing & Lightning Protection team, you will be working alongside entrusted engineers who have developed the earthing design for numerous high profile international projects, their expertise and experience has been successfully been applied to 400kV transmission infrastructure, railway electrification and the renewable energy sector. As the Measurement Technician you will be supporting a broad range of high profile clients from the electricity distribution, transmission, generation and construction industries.
- To support engineers on projects by assisting with site based earthing related electrical measurements. This will be at high-voltage electrical installations such as substations, power stations, wind farms, solar farms and industrial sites. The work is physical and often involves running out temporary test leads for hundreds of metres over different ground terrains
- Assist with planning of site work including preparation of site location plans, arranging access to land, etc.
- Contribute to the maintenance, calibration and development of company site test equipment to ensure highest quality standards
- Understand and adhere to company Health & Safety rules and procedures and, where required, those imposed at our client sites. Training will be provided
Qualifications & experience
- Educated to GCSE/NVQ standard
- Experience of working within a professional client facing environment
- Full clean Driving Licence
- Will require training to become a ‘competent person’ for access to high-voltage substations (training will be provided)
- The work involves taking measurements in open land around an electrical installation and thus requires a reasonable level of fitness and mobility. The work primarily takes place outdoors in all weathers and there is a frequent need to stay away from home (normally for short periods, e.g. two or three nights during a typical week)
- The role involves working within a small team where teamwork, cooperation, trust and flexibility will be essential
You will need be a highly professional, collaborative and trusted Technician driven to deliver technical excellence to match the Cardiff and Diss team ethos. You will be an effective communicator able to build trusting relationships with colleagues and customers whilst working in a small close knit team. You will be open to challenge, using creativity to resolve day-to-day problems. An effective technical thinker, looking to develop the technical skills, confidence and competence to work autonomously on occasion. Whilst striving to achieve openness and honesty in communication with colleagues and clients, demonstrating a self-motivated approach.
RINA is a global corporation providing testing, inspection, certification and consulting services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors. We have been at the forefront of providing innovative and technical solutions for more than 150 years, working closely with clients as a trusted partner, assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way.
Through a global network of 3,700 talented professionals, operating in 170 offices in 65 countries, we support our clients across the entire life cycle of their projects. Facing new challenges, adapting to new contexts and being where big things happen: working with us means turning our clients’ ideas into success. You will transform challenges into opportunities and brilliant ideas into excellent solutions.
We offer competitive salaries and pension contributions, you will enjoy a generous leave allowance, private medical care, life insurance and more. Our great financial benefits are only part of the attraction, you can expect an excellent induction, quick integration and real opportunities for professional development. As part of our growing global team. You will find yourself working with world-class engineers for clients in a variety of market sectors.